Table of Contents
What is MuleSoft?
MuleSoft is a leading integration platform that works on a hybrid cloud. MuleSoft is an integrated software company that allows interaction between data and devices.
One integration platform that helps to the connection among devices, applications, and data to create a single view of the customer interface. It is the best approach for companies to connect business systems digitally. It provides connectivity solutions of APIs, on-premises, and SaaS.
Software and tools of MuleSoft
Multiple products and components are purchased for integrations purpose. MuleSoft allows many software and tools, which includes the below list.
- MuleSoft’s Anypoint Design Center provides tools to build connectors, implementations of data, and flows of applications. It also helps in simplifying the designing, testing, and reuse of API.
- Any Point Studio: It is an IDE(integrated development environment) for designing and testing of Mule Application
- AnyPoint Management Center: Use to manage users and API, analyze traffic and fix integration flows
- Mule ESB: runtime system that allows fast and easy connection among applications and enables data exchange
- MuleSoft’s Anypoint Connectors: It helps to connect business Steams by clicks, not by code. Use to integrate cloud infrastructure and services in Azure. Use multiple open protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, etc., for database connectivity.
CloudHub: Component of Anypoint Platform that serves as Platform as a Service (PaaS). Hybrid Cloud, multi-tasking, and reliable platform for APIs and integrations.
Why we use MuleSoft?
It makes it easy for a unit variety of data sources, applications, and devices to provide a single view of the customer, automate business procedures, and build a connected experience. Each building block is reusable that is created in the results of different application’s integration.
Advantages and Disadvantages of MuleSoft.
- Business agility by connecting a variety of data, applications, and devices.
- Works on both SaaS and on-premises software.
- Allow customers to create applications via reusable modules and components.
- Fast implementation.
- It can handle interaction among traditional systems, all advanced protocols, and applications.
- Expensive in comparison to other integration software.
- Paying for more features which are not customer’s need. Paying for more than we use.
- Developers need a while to learn how to use MuleSoft.
What are the limitations of MuleSoft?
MuleSoft does not have limitations but faces problems in a system with less than three applications to integrate or is using just one protocol.
In which programming language, MuleSoft is developed?
It is a java programming-based platform that allows MuleSoft broker interactions with other platforms such as. NET.
variables in MuleSoft
- Flow Variable
- Record Variable
- Session Variable
What is fan-in?
Fan-in helps in deciding to continue the flow of execution. It sends requests to multiple targets. It works as a decision point partnered with fan-out
What is a fan-out?
It collects responses from multiple targets which are requested by fan-in—both fan-in, fan-out works in combination.
What is ESB?
It is middleware software that provides essential services for complex architectures. It is a tool that distributes a uniform means of works among connected applications and components.
What is Mule ESB?
Mule is a lightweight Enterprises Service Bus (ESB) Platform developed in Java language. It is a runtime system that allows fast and easy connection among applications and enables data exchange.
Features of Mule ESB
An ESB is used for the integration of multiple software at one platform in a service-oriented perspective.
- Rapid debugging
- Drag-and-drop graphical design
- API management Facility
- It secures Data Gateway for cloud-based and traditional data sources connectivity.
- Message Transformation
How will a user identify the need for ESB in a project?
ESB implementation is not compatible with all the projects. Customers should analyze the need of ESB by considering the below points.
- The project requires more than two applications or services to integrate, which should communicate with each other.
- If the project’s application area is going wide in the future, Mule ESB is the best choice due to its high scalability.
- Before the practical implementation of ESB, customers need to estimate the cost in mind.
Why customers choose MuleSoft?
MuleSoft makes enterprise data integration APIs with minimal or no code. MuleSoft accelerates innovation using the Anypoint Platform. It has agility, speed, and flexibility to adapt to changes in customer or market demands.
Types of messages in MuleSoft are:
- echo and log message
- bridge message
- build message
Differentiate between Callout and Service Invoke function in MuleSoft?
Call to the service can be possible by both function, callout, and with service invoke.
Callout: Use the Callout to mediate messages without calling intermediate services. The Callout function provides the simplest medium for configuration.
Service Invoke: used to interact with multiple services and combine services response to produce output.
What is the SDO abbreviation?
The abbreviation of SDO is a Service Data Object which is used to stores object.
What is the SMO abbreviation?
The abbreviation of SMO is Service Message object, and it is a model that refers to a specific pattern of the use of the SDO objects to represent a message.
Types of Exception Handling
There are different methods to handle exceptions. That is:
What is API?
API stands for Application Programming Interface, a kind of intermediary software that helps two interact with each other via exchanging data. It delivers and collects back the data and responses between the user and the software system.
Individual parts that are used as components are responsible for the fundamental functionality of the Mule Runtime Environment. Every service of MuleSoft is organized with core components. Features that core components add in an integrated application.
- Parts of flow processing asynchronous.
- Batch processing of messages.
- Initiating or set up sub-flows
- Set up payloads.
- DataWeave language is responsible for Transforming messages.
- Creat Try scopes in flow execution so that can catch errors and respond to them.
Deployment of Mule Applications
Mule applications are arranged to use in a Mule runtime engine instance. MuleSoft provides services for each of the three purposes of the implementation.
- Anypoint Runtime Fabric
- Cloud Hub.
- On-premises Mule instances.
- When developers deploy applications to CloudHub or Anypoint Runtime Fabric, It helps Mule runtime engine instances for running applications.
- If deploy applications on-premises, the installation of Mule runtime engine is compulsory.
What is the payload in MuleSoft?
It is a runtime variable that stores arrays or objects. It helps developers to access payload under forms.
What are flow processing strategies in MuleSoft?
The Mule flow processing strategy decides how the developer wants to mule flow to be processed. It helps to improve processing performance. The first two strategies which automatically applied and other all strategies are situation-based
- Queued asynchronous flow processing strategy.
- Asynchronous flow processing strategy.
- Custom Processing Strategy.
- Thread Per Processing Strategy.
- Synchronous Flow Processing Strategy.
- Non-blocking Flow Processing Strategy.
- Queued Flow Processing Strategy.
Different types of ESBs using in the market?
- Mule ESB
- JBoss fuse ESB
What is the connector in MuleSoft?
Connectors are the software that works as a bridge between Mule Flow and external resources. Resources may be API, database, or any other resource.
Connectors built using Anypoint Studio and in the Mule ESB runtime system work as extensions of the core product.
What is Endpoint in Mule?
Endpoints include components that initiate processing in a workflow. An end-point in the MuleSoft provides a specific implementation of the protocol.
Competitors of MuleSoft
Although MuleSoft is the best integration platform but has competitors in the market, which are:
- TIBCO Software.
- Software AG.
Explain VM transport in MuleSoft
The VM (Virtual Machine) transport is a type of transport that by default allows sending a message using in-memory queues. Java VM transport is used that establish communication among Mule’s Flows. VM transport helps to establish connections among clients inside virtual machines.
What are Web Services?
Web services are a medium to promote communication between the client and server applications on the World Wide Web.
Name different types of web services
Different types of web services:
1) RESTful web services
2) SOAP web services.
Mention the differences between SOAP and REST
The difference between SOAP and REST is:
|SOAP is an abbreviation of Simple Object Access Protocol||REST is an abbreviation of Representational State Transfer|
|SOAP cannot make use of REST since SOAP is a protocol. It is a protocol.||REST is an architectural pattern, uses SOAP as the fundamental protocol for web service. It is an architectural pattern.|
|SOAP only supports XML format. e.g., SOAP messages, all data passed is in XML format.||REST supports data formats such as JSON, plain text, HTML, XML, etc.|
What is RAML?
RAML stands for RESTful API Modeling Language, a powerful language that allows teams to define, build and collaborate on APIs rapidly and with great flexibility. It is a YAML format language that defines RESTful APIs. It is both human and machine-readable. It is like WSDL (Web Services Description Language).
What is caching?
The cache is a temporary storage location that stores recently used browsers, applications, and websites to load faster.
The cache is a volatile memory that goes empty because of the shutdown of the machine/system.
Explain the Mule data integrator.
A mule data integrator is a tool that is used to visualizing data for mapping it. It provides a drag and drops facility for developer ease.
Name supported languages by MuleSoft.
Supported languages of MuleSoft are:
- MEL(mule expression language)
List various the categories of Mule Processors
Mule Processors categories are:
- Exception strategies
- Business events
In the above article, we discussed the Top 36 Mulesoft Interview questions with brief answers frequently asked in interviews. This article covers all important aspects about Mulesoft, Mule ESB, the application area of MuleSot and ESB, Core Component, functions, features, and much more that will be helpful for the preparation of the interview.