Discord is a social media platform that provides you to set up servers and group video calls and chat. Discord allows you to share a screen when you are gaming or active socially on the server without switching apps to share your screen.
Discord has a built-in feature to share your screen and video call without installing any external software. It connects nine other members with you on a video call and shares your desktop screen. It asks you to allow limited visibility excess before sharing the screen.
Nowadays when the usage of online meeting rooms has remarkably increased, the Discord Screen sharing feature makes it a competitor to other meeting apps. Discord screen-sharing feature is free to use for everyone.
Table of Contents
Video/Camera Setting for Screen sharing on Discord.
Check your microphone and camera hardware are working properly or need to attach any external hardware such as a Webcam or speaker.
- Select the Gear icon in front of your username at the bottom of the left pane.
2. Select Voice and Video from the left panel of the setting.
3. Scroll down and check Video hardware is working; click on Test Video.
4. Select Friend from the list.
5. Select the camera icon from the top.
6. Allow the permission to use the microphone if you are using the Discord website instead of the Discord downloaded application.
Label 1: a drop-down arrow shows. Clicking that arrow hides the chat window that shows on the half screen inside the video call.
Label 2: A camera icon shows. It indicates the integrated camera type when we click on this icon.
Label 3: A screen-sharing icon use to share the screen with others.
Label 4: a mic icon shows that contains all the speaker and voice settings inside it.
Label 5: A phone icon in red color indicates the end of the call by clicking it.
Label 6: It transfers calls into the new window.
Label 7: It expands the video call to full screen.
Label 8: person icon with addition sign indicates the option to add members in a video call. You can add a maximum of nine members at one time on a video call.
7. Click on the Screen sharing icon that is an arrow inside a screen.
8. Another option will open. Select the screen that you want to share, and the screen will trigger to the next tab automatically.
9. A box will open as below. Leave it as default and click on Go Live.
How to screen share on discord on phone
This is the updated feature that was not available for mobile phones a few years back but Discord new versions with smart updating allow mobile phone users to share screens on Discord.
- When we start a video call on Discord.
2. There is an option to share your mobile screen as highlighted in the below screenshot. This is a new additional feature in the Discord Mobile app.
3. You will see Try it out. this will appear when you are trying to share a screen on a mobile phone for the first time. Click on try it out.
4. You can share the Screen on your Mobile phone. You can stop sharing your Screen; just click on stop sharing. In the mobile phone app, you are not able to restrict the app from sharing the screen. The complete live screen will be visible to the other side caller. Limited access to the screen feature is only for PC users.
This article will help you to configure that how to set up and share your screen on the Discord website and application and how to share screen on mobile on Discord.
Suggested Read: Reactstrap vs. React-Bootstrap