Avast is the most used antivirus because it fights very well against computer viruses. Most of the people who used its crack version imply they do not pay for it. The free version of Avast has lots of issues.
One of the most common issues is the “Avast won’t open”.
Many users of Avast antivirus complain about this issue. The thing which should be noted is that every user has different sort of reasons for this problem.
The problem has multiple solutions. This article describes the solution of Avast won’t open issues in a hierarchical manner from easy to difficult.
The article surely covers the solution of every reason to the problem Avast won’t open.
One thing that should keep in mind is that this problem will not only occur with the users of the cracked version of Avast. It can happen with the users of the paid original version.
Reasons of the issue Avast won’t open:
Although there might be many causes of this issue, however, following are the most common reasons that many users faced are:
Broken Avast installation:
There are many different reasons that result in the broken installation of Avast. But you can solve this issue by fixing the installation or by performing a clean install.
Avast antivirus service not running properly:
If the main service of Avast has a problem, then it can be resolved by restarting the Avast antivirus service. Then you can also check again if the issue has been resolved.
How to fix the issue – Avast won’t open:
Following are the solutions that you can apply to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Repair Avast:
If the Avast won’t open due to something is going wrong with the installation, then the best way to solve this issue routing to the Control Panel and use the repair wizard.
If you readjust the setting that you change in antivirus. It is a full possibility that the issue was resolved as it worked a lot of times.
For this follow the following steps:
1: Log in with the administrator account because the other accounts won’t be able to delete programs.
2: From the start, menu go to the Control Panel or just open the settings if it is Windows 10.
3: For the top right corner of the control panel, select the view as category option, then under the programs section option-click uninstalls a program option.
You can view the entire installed program in your system by clicking the apps option in the settings.
4: Now find Avast in the Control Panel or settings option and click on uninstall/repair.
5: Its uninstall wizard will open multiple options like update, repair, modify and uninstall. Click the repair option then click next in order to fix the installation of the program.
6: A message will then pop up asking you to confirm the process is completed.
7: Select the Finish option and then restart your computer to see whether Avast now opens properly.
Solution 2: Restart the Avast antivirus service:
The issue can be easily be solved just by restarting the Avast antivirus service. there are some steps that are necessary to achieve the solution.
The steps needs to be followed:
Step 1: Open the run utility by pressing the Windows key + R key at the same time. In the run dialogue box type service.msc and click ok.
Step 2: Go to the Avast antivirus service on the list within the services window. Right-click on service then click properties on the popup window.
Step 3: From the service status section, check whether the service is started or stopped. If the status is started then click on the stop button to stop it. And if it is stopped then keep it stopped until you continue to execute.
Step 4: Before proceeding to other steps, make sure that the automatic option has been selected under the Startup type menu.
Check any dialogue boxes that might appear while changing the startup type. Before leaving, click the Start button. From that onward, you might get an error message.
“Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process”
After receiving this message follow the below steps to remove the error.
- Open the properties window of the Avast antivirus service by following the above-mentioned steps.
- Go to the log on tab and click the browse button.
- There will be an entry box enter the object name to select, enter your account name and by clicking on the check names button wait for your account name to be appear.
- if you want to change the password you can do so by typing the password in the password box. Otherwise, you can finish the above steps by clicking ok button.
After completing all the mentioned above steps the issue of the Avast window not being open will be resolved.
Solution 3: Perform a clean install:
This solution will solve almost every issue including the Avast window not opening as well. It is very easy for the users to clean install. This solution is beneficial when all the above-mentioned solutions failed to resolve the issue.
This solution will not only solve the window not open issue but it also helps the computer to remove all the corrupted registry files and the cache file as well.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the download page of Avast, select the free download for PC for the free downloading of the latest version of the Avast antvirus.
- To download the uninstallation utility, go to the uninstallation page of Avast.
- After completing the downloading of the files and striking into the safe mode, turn off the internet connection.
- Open the run dialogue box, by pressing the Windows key + R key, type msconfig in the dialogue box and click ok to open the system configuration window.
- In the boot tab, select the safe boot option and click ok.
- To boot into safe mode, restart the computer.
- Run the uninstallation service of Avast and search the install folder where Avast is installed. If it is in the program files of default folder then keep it. Otherwise search through the file explorer until you find the correct folder.
- Click remove button and restart the computer as normal startup.
However, if you are using a window, especially if you are using windows 10 then there are some other solutions to be recommended.
Avast won’t open in Windows/ Windows 10:
Solution 4: Update Windows:
Sometimes this problem may occur if you are using an outdated version of Windows. The problem may simply solve by just updating your Windows operating system.
To solve the problem:
- Press the Windows + I shortcut key to go to the settings.
- Select update and security option from the list.
- Select the Windows update option. Check if any updates available from the check for update button. If yes then the operating system will update automatically.
Solution 5: perform a clean boot:
The clean boot option helps the user to find out any problem in the background process that occurs. If after updating your Windows this problem happens again go for the clean boot option.
To perform this solution:
- Open the run window goes to the msconfig and click OK.
- Select service tag, go to the “Hide all Microsoft devices” and select disable option.
- Open the Startup tab go to the Open Task Manager. If any process is not running then Click close. But if any process is running then right click on all the tasks and click the Disable button.
- Click on OK button and restart the computer.
Solution 6: Disable the Firewall:
Avast’s update process can be stopped if the Windows Firewall is enabled, hence the Avast won’t open. This problem can be solved by temporarily disable the Firewall.
- Open the Cortana search bar go to the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ option in the left pane then select the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Now you can install or update the Avast antivirus and after its completion, enable the Windows Firewall.
Solution 7: Disable Avast antivirus temporarily:
If Avast antivirus is not running in Windows, then you can solve this issue by temporarily disable the Avast antivirus.
All the above-mentioned solutions will definitely help you to overcome the issue. But there are some other issues that the users of Avast antivirus face. They are as follows:
Avast browser won’t open:
Avast antivirus is the best antivirus considered nowadays. A lot of users feel safe with the usage of Avast. The Avast team to maintain the decorum and security optimization of Avast antivirus, develop its browser called Avast SafeZone browser.
But this browser will consequently slower the speed of the PC. To solve this problem there are the following methods.
- Disable the Avast SafeZone browser.
- Block the Avast SafeZone installation.
Most of the time the issue Avast won’t open occur if you are not using the latest version of the Avast antivirus.
Above mentioned causes and solutions will definitely help you to fix this problem. But if none of the mentioned solutions work then use the Restoro Repair Tool. This tool will help to replace the repository and missing files.
This works the best when the issue is originated because of system corruption.
Suggested Read: How to Ban Everyone in a Discord Server